Since David has been working these two jobs, I try to make the most of my time and am trying to get my house organized. I am right along with Ann on that one. I was really productive in the beginning but now that I am also starting to workout in the evenings I haven't had a ton of time for the organizing...
Not too long ago I discovered something that I think should be a documentary for the Discovery Channel. The link between cave drawings in B.C. times and toddlers:
I came home from work one day and to my astonishment, cave man drawings were on the wall above Parkers bed. I know they are Parker's because every time he draws a person they end up looking like Bert from Sesame Street. I had to leave the room from busting out in a big gut laugh right in front of him. He had stumbled upon some wax crayons made for drawing in tubs and showers. Well, our claw foot tub is rough and needs to be be resurfaced so I was saving them in the very cluttered linen closet. Anyhoo, this is the result of my mess in the closet. I had to take a picture of the men before painting over them. Thank goodness he didn't decide to be Picasso on his newly painted walls.
A Thrift Store Treasure:
To the right is my cat Sophie. I adopted her from the humane society last year on Mother's Day. She has been such a blessing to me and I love her dearly. She was so skinny when I first got her and now from this photo you can see that she is very healthy. So, we cuddle every night and I could go on and on about my sweet kitty.
I was in Saint Vinnies to buy a cute chest for the
boys room, and lo and behold, there she was!
My Sophie in ceramic form, blue eyes and all! She was a little overpriced but where in the world would I ever get the opportunity to buy my kitty. So I got her and when I got home I was delighted to find out that she has a slit in her back...she's a kitty bank. So she (ceramic Sophie) is perched on my fake fireplace and anytime I give the boys a quarter for chores or they find pennies on the ground, they stick it in the "Kitty Bank" or "Sophie Bank." I just thought that was too cool!
Anyway, to the title of my blog. Yes, I need subjects. I am pursuing photography and have been in contact with a very established photographer via email. His work is amazing and he has been so kind to give me advice on how to start out. To get into this awesome sort of art, you must have a decent camera, some hint of a gift, a fast computer and a "dark room" or post processor program. Well, I just recently bought myself the Canon EOS 40D, and the new Imac, I think I do have a hint of a gift for taking pictures so the only thing I'm lacking is my "dark room." Which happens to be Photoshop Creative Suite 3. I'm trying to develop my portfolio so I have a couple of sittings that I am doing for fun...A pregnancy sitting of a friend and another friend who is easy to photograph. But, I need a way to save up for this amazing program. So, I was thinking, why not take pictures for folks for a 25.00 fee. Not too shabby since I would post process on my default iphoto program (not near as good as photoshop but something) and also give whomever a CD of their "proofs." It would take only 10 sittings to then save up. Normally, PS CS3 is about 650 bucks...but a student discount is 250 and Dave is still considered a student right now. So anyhoo, if you know of anyone who wants a girl getting into photography with a nice camera to take pictures of them, kids, animals, whatever, then please let me know. I have 2 days during the week I can shoot and also Saturday morning or afternoons.
Any encouragement or advice is welcome and I thank everyone in advance for supporting me in this new adventure. I have always loved catching moments in time and would love for this to eventually be my job one day. Here are a few samples of pics I've taken that I think are neat:

4 comments:
Great pictures! Also, I'll bring over my CS3 on Saturday!
glad to see you back into blog world! I imagine you will take great pictures! Love the wall color also!
I would like to get 1 year old pics of Christopher and some Colton/Christopher pics! I will try to call you this week
omi loves her boys :)
Post a Comment