At the reception I wasn't sure if I was gonna dance or not. Well, the first couple of songs weren't those that I could get my "groove on" so I opted out...then came the bee bops.
OK, ya'll may not know, but I LOVE to dance. I probably look like the biggest nerd on the dance floor but I have so much fun. Actually, not to toot my own horn but "TOOT" - Dave had 5 guys and 1 girl come up to him saying that I was "an animal" and had some "sweet moves."
Thankfully I had an awesome friend that would get wild with me!!! YAY! I was having a blast. All Dave could do was stare. I wanted him to join me but the only male who was letting loose completely was Pat...he's great :-)
So, by about 11:30 the DJ killed our music...but I wasn't done yet...so what did my dancing buddy and I do? Went to the reception in the other room of the airport to keep dancing. People kind of looked at us weird but no one came up to us. I think we livened up the party more than anything. I did recognize this woman that I had saw earlier in the bathroom...and she recognized me too...uh oh.
She was completely plastered and said to me, "Are you from the wedding next door?" We told her yes and she was absolutely thrilled that we would crash their party. She was the mother of the bride and called to her daughter.."These are people from the reception next door (all this very slurred), they're the wedding crashers." The bride just laughed and they wanted the photographer to take our picture with them.
We were then shortly pulled away by our tired husbands... :-(
They thought we were nuts. But I am so happy to know that I have a dancing buddy now! What a fun memory. We even contemplated the idea of looking up dates for weddings and just showing up at the airport to dance...hmmmm. Still a good idea....

2 comments:
You are way too funny! I can't believe you guys crashed the other wedding! You two crack me up! I was glad to see you at the park the other day! I hope you have a blast at scraping tonight!!
That's hilarious. I would never be able to do that. It's just not in me. I would, however, love to watch you all from a distance as it took place!!! haha.
Post a Comment