BUT...he is SO cute! We drove yesterday 3 1/2 hours to Billings to pick up the new addition to our family. An 8 week old brindle male mastiff puppy. I had already decided that we weren't going to get the puppy and Dave was grieving for his loss...I then decided, "What the heck.." so I was going to do the drive with the boys and Sam to Billings by myself and suprise Dave with the puppy. Well, I ran into a few bumps and had to go back to the house so I just woke Dave up and told him what was going on so he could help me out. So we drove back the same day and got back late last night. The puppy did so good his first night. No whining or barking. He would get up and we'd hear him and then Dave would take him out to go potty. He did not have any messes his first night. He is so much different than Sam's personality as a puppy. Sam was very reserved and would hide from all of us the first months he was with us. This puppy is outgoing, loves being around the kids and is ALWAYS wagging his tail. The only problem we've had is deciding on a name for him. So I need some thoughts. We have come up with a few names, Moose, Diesel, Andy, Jake, Leo and Max. Our favorites are Moose and Diesel. This pup is Sam's nephew. So it's Uncle Sam now :-) Bruno was born a year before Sam. He has the same father as Sam but a different mother. Bruno was HUGE when we saw him a year ago. They say that Bruno weighs more than Sam's dad. Bruno and and Tina are the father and mother to this puppy. Tina was also bigger than Sam's mother Luna. So, basically, this puppy will grow up bigger than Sam. Sam gets along so well with the new puppy and they played alot today. I have to still watch carefully because he's just a baby...but in a couple of months they will be able to play without me worrying too much. I will keep ya'll posted on how he's growing. Let me know if you think of any names or if you like one of the ones we've already picked out. Take care!
Sunday, September 9, 2007
Yes...I know we're crazy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I vote for moose!
Sorry Katie, I vote for Diesel.
Hey welcome Ali! By the way...I posted pics on my blog of my hand and Sam's paw.
Post a Comment